The Honeywell HW-AV-LTE-M Connected Life Safety Services (CLSS) Dual-Path LTE Communicator with dial-capture interface for commercial building fire alarm monitoring has been released on GeoArm.
The HW-AV-LTE-M is a commercial fire dual-path (internet and cellular multi-band AT&T/Verizon LTE) alarm communicator designed for universally compatible fire alarm panels. The CLSS Pathway combines dial capture functionality with the powerful capabilities of Honeywell’s CLSS Cloud. It represents the latest alarm communications technology for the fire industry. The CLSS Pathway allows data transmission by utilizing LTE CAT-M1 networks, serving as a bridge between the fire system and the CLSS Cloud. This device provides a single site-to-cloud path ensuring all CLSS Cloud services use the same audited and monitored method to access the on-premises life safety system.
The CLSS Pathway is commissioned via the CLSS mobile app and CLSS Site Manager interface, which also allow for additional remote visibility. Connection and mounting is simplified using the enclosure kit. The CLSS Pathway is compatible with any fire alarm dialer using Contact ID format and automatically recognizes the format when powered up. Any number can be programmed into the panel phone numbers. Installers can select the central station service they wish to use from a list of approved central station providers.
Equipped with dual SIM cards, the CLSS Pathway supports both AT&T and Verizon networks. When first powered on, the communicator selects the strongest signal. If either path is not available, the device provides redundant paths for the cellular signal. The HW-AV-LTE-M dual-path communicator transmits signals to the AlarmNet Control Center (via the internet or AT&T/Verizon cellular LTE network), which in turn routes signals to the GeoArm central station. If the Internet and AT&T or Verizon LTE networks are all unavailable (fail), the message will not be sent using this HW-AV-LTE-M communicator.
Honeywell CLSS is an innovative, all-in-one cloud platform that enables systems integrators and facilities managers to deliver an enhanced fire safety service, while maximizing the performance efficiencies offered by Honeywell’s trusted detection and alarm systems.
The CLSS platform enables users to;
- Universal Panel Compatibility – Dial capture interface supporting Contact ID
- Get a “bird’s eye” view of all accounts
- Obtain real-time information on event generation, enabling diagnosis before dispatch
- Conduct tests and inspections using a mobile app (available in select markets)
- Provide end users with multi-site asset information and event alerts
- Integration with CLSS enables monitoring of event transmission data & management of device inventory from the CLSS mobile app and web portal (available only when using point-based reporting)
- Meets UL 864 requirements for sole primary or backup path communications
- High reliability due to multiple transmission channels (LTE CAT-M1/LAN) and redundant servers
- Four supervised inputs for non-dialer panels
- Unique “M1” Network is 5G ready, providing deep signal penetration that allows operation within buildings
- Remote firmware updates
- CLSS mobile app supports push and email notifications
- Monitors event transmission data & manages device inventory from the CLSS mobile app and web portal
- Exceptional Redundancy – Dual-SIM device picks the strongest signal from AT&T or Verizon. If one network becomes unavailable, the communicator connects to the other network
- Powered directly by a 24-volt DC fire alarm power supply. No need for additional batteries, transformer, or power supply
- Connection monitoring – adjustable fault reporting time as low as 20 seconds
- Web-based software and smartphone app for device configuration and administration