Introducing the all-new Resideo 5800SMOKEV which is a 3V lithium-powered, photoelectric multi-criteria detector that has a built-in wireless transmitter capable of detecting smoke, heat, rate-of-rise and low temperature.
DIY friendly alarm companies, such as GeoArm, make it simple for the end user to add 5800SMOKEV detectors to any compatible security system, which supports 5800-Series sensors. The following control panels (e.g. VISTA®, LYNX, Lyric®, ProSeries, Qolsys IQ Panel 4, Qolsys IQ4 Hub) can accept 345 MHz wireless RF frequency sensors, including the 5800SMOKEV sensor.
The 5800SMOKEV meets UL 268 7th Edition requirements, which provides early detection, while also reducing nuisance alarms from everyday cooking. The 5800SMOKEV has improved detection of smoke from common synthetic materials found in many modern home furnishings, which typically burn faster and hotter.
This comprehensive detector is particularly ideal for hard-to-wire locations or where hazardous materials exist, and features a small, sleek design for locations where aesthetics are of utmost importance. The built-in sounder provides clear, audible annunciation during potential incidents and low battery conditions.
- Minimize Nuisance Alarms: Mathematical calculations smooth out short term spikes from dust/smoke and drift compensation adjusts the detector’s sensitivity to minimize false alarms
- Easy to Install: Sturdy, versatile mounting base and quick battery pull tabs allows for hassle-free installations
- LED Status Indicators: Easily visible LEDs indicate power, sensor trouble, alarm and low battery status
- Supports High/Low Maintenance: Monitors the smoke chamber and alerts when maintenance is needed
- Quickly Check Unit Functionality: Easily accessible test button to check unit functionality
- Residential and Commercial Applications: Meets both residential and commercial installation requirements
- Smoke Detection: Alarms when smoke is detected
- Heat Detection: Alarms when detected temperature is 135°F (57°C) or greater
- Rate-of-Rise: Alarms when temperature is >104°F (40°C) @ 15°F/minute (8.33°C/minute)
- Low Temperature Sensing: Senses ambient temperature and reports if temperature drops below 41°F (5°C)
- Tamper Mode: Activates when the detector is removed from the mounting base or the tamper switch is closed and opened
- Supervision: The detector will transmits its status every 60 to 70 minutes